Stay ConnectedLinks to educate, entertain and participate
We want to provide our players and members some handy links to educate, entertain and participate in during the current Covid-19 restrictions.
We encourage players and teams to send in their videos and photos with how they are participating.
Click on the headings and links below to see our suggested home activities:
PLAY FOOTBALL – Play at Home Challenge
A skills hub for players that teaches through videos and challenges skills such as First Touch – Juggling, Striking the Ball – Accuracy and Running with the Ball – Dribbling.
The FFA has released a series of podcasts established to help keep fans of Australian football updated and connected to some of the latest news and views in the game.
Future Football is a division of Future Sports Management Group providing players of all abilities the opportunity to develop their individual and technical football skills in a fun and safe environment.
Follow on Facebook for great training videos, fun football quizzes and player challenges.
Subscribe to their YouTube Channel and watch their latest skill videos that will inspire you to practice at home.
THE BODYCOACH TV
Check out The Body Coach TV, designed to help you get stronger, healthier and happier with free home workouts for everyone at all fitness levels. There are over 250 free workouts including workouts designed to do at home with your kids.
Melbourne Victory has a range of activities and exercises to keep you busy.
Join Leigh Broxham every Wednesday for a workout video to make sure you’re match ready for when we’re back on the pitch.
Find the videos each week on Victory’s home page under videos or via their Facebook page which is packed with fun activities for the kids including maze challenges, word scrabble, and coloring pages.
TV, SHOWS & MOVIES
Our coaches have done some brainstorming and put together a selection of their favorite soccer related TV shows and movies.
Click on the title for the trailer. 🍿🎥
- Escape to Victory – An American sports war film made in 1981. Stars Michael Caine, Sylvester Stallone and Pele. Rated PG
- Bend it like Beckham – A great family movie made in 2002. Bend it like Beckham has it all soccer, comedy and a little bit of romance! Rated PG
- Mike Bassett: England Manager – a mock documentary following the inept Mike who finds himself managing the English Team after qualifying for the World Cup on a technicality. Rated M
- Kicking & Screaming – A feel-good comedy for the whole family. Stars Will Ferrell and Robert Duvall. Rated PG
- Alex and Me – Kid-friendly soccer tale with great positive messages. This film stars soccer player Alex Morgan. Rated G
- Pele: Birth of a Legend – Biographical film about the early life of Brazillian footballer Pele and his journey with Brazil to win the 1958 FIFA World Cup. Brilliant viewing. Rated PG.
- All or Nothing: Manchester City – An Amazon Original Series following English Premier League Manchester Citys progress through their 2017-2018 season in which they won two of four contested trophies and broke a series of Premier League performance-related records. Rated for 16+
- The English Game – A historical sports drama television 6-part miniseries developed by Julian Fellows for Netflix about the origins of modern football in England. High Recommended! Rated M.
- Sunderland ‘Till I Die – a fly on the wall sports documentary series following Sunderland A.F.C during their 2017–18 season which saw them relegated from the EFL Championship. Available on Netflix. Rated M.
We are the people
Get in touch
Altona City Soccer Club
PO Box 159 Altona VIC 3018 Australia
Altona City Soccer Club is located on the traditional lands of the Wurundjeri people of the Kulin nation. We acknowledge that sovereignty was never ceded and pay our respects to the elders past, present and emerging.